It can often get very expensive going out for coffee with friends, and the bills start to add up. So why not have a fun tea party at home with some girl friends? I made these great biscuits the other day which I found on a blog. Mine didn’t come out looking just as nice as these ones, but they were pretty none the less 🙂
You can also make everyone feel really special by giving them personalised name cards, like the cute one below, maybe even with a note written on the back. This also helps organise the chaos if you’ve invited more than a couple of friends over!
Here’s the recipe for those delicious biscuits:
- 125 g Butter
- 250 ml Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 625 ml Flour
- 12.5 ml Baking Powder
- 1 ml Salt
- ± 125 ml strawberry, raspberry or cherry jam, strained.
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until light, fluffy and pale.
2. Add eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition. Sieve in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix well until a dough forms. Leave the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
3. Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut out 25 – 30 rounds using a round cookie cutter. Cut heart shapes out of the centre of half of the rounds. Place them all on a lined baking tray.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat jam in a small saucepan over medium heat until reduced and thickened, about 7 minutes, leave to cool.
5. When the cookies are done, remove the tray from oven and allow to cool. To assemble, sandwich the whole rounds and the heart cut-out rounds together with strawberry jam.
6. Leave for a while in order for the jam to set. Dust with icing sugar.