There is nothing quite like being complimented on things in your house that you have made. These pot plants, which I found while reading through the latest issue of Ideas Magazine, could really be a show piece in your house, as they are quite unlike any pot plant I have ever seen, and add a really different look and feel.
Here’s how they’re done:
- You will need two parts building sand with one part cement. Mix this together and slowly add one part water. The consistency should be similar to thick yoghurt.
- Pour this mixture into the plastic container, making sure to remove all bubbles by tapping it lightly.
- Place a smaller container into the centre of the bigger container, making sure you have at least 1cm gap between the bottoms of the two containers.
- Leave stones inside the inner container for a few hours until it hardens.
- Remove the stones and place the mould in a bucket of water for 24 hours. This step is vital as it will help the cement to harden (to ensure it doesn’t crack later on).
- Remove the plastic moulds, sand the top to make it smooth and drill a hole in the bottom to allow for water drainage.